Vegetarian Summer Rolls2017-07-29
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 35m
- Twelve 5-inch round rice paper wrappers
- 2 tbsps. Asian fish sauce
- 2 tbsps. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsps. sugar
- 2 tbsps. water
- 1 small red chili, minced
- 4 oz. rice vermicelli
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into 24 strips
- ½ yellow bell pepper, cut into 24 strips
- ½ hass avocado, cut into 12 strips
- Half of small seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 12 strips
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 6 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
Fill a medium saucepan with water, and bring to a boil. Cook the vermicelli for 1 minute, until just al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a shallow bowl of water, dip the rice papers (2 at a time). Place in a flat work surface. Place a little vermicelli on the lower third of the rice paper. Then, top with two strips of red and yellow bell peppers, a strip of avocado and cucumber, and several alfalfa sprouts. Add some strips of basil.
Flatten the vegetables by pressing, and roll them up in the rice papers, folding the sides as you go. Once you reach the top of the rice paper, press to seal. Repeat the same procedure with the rest of the rice papers and vegetables.
For the dipping sauce, mix the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, water, and chili in a small bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves.
Slice the rolls in half diagonally, and serve with dipping sauce. Enjoy!