Slow cooked Pot Roast2017-06-30
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6m
- Ready In : 7m
- 3 lbs. beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thirds
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. Water
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ Cup red wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a slow cooker, whisk the cornstarch in the water until the powder has dissolved smoothly. Add the carrots, potatoes, and the onions, and toss them into the mixture
Sprinkle some salt and pepper to the chuck roast on both sides. Then, place the roast on top of the vegetables.
Drizzle the red wine and Worcestershire sauce over the roast, then cover. Set the heat to high, and cook for 5-6 hours.
Place the roast on a chopping board, and slice against the grain. Serve with the vegetables on a platter, and pour the pan juices over or set aside in a small bowl. Enjoy!