Linguine with Green Olive and Caper Sauce2017-07-11
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
- 1 lb. linguine pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 26 oz. jar marinara sauce
- ½ cup Spanish olives, drained and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup capers, drained and roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a pot of boiling water, add some olive oil and salt. Then, drop the linguine and cook as directed in the package.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté the garlic and red pepper in olive oil, until the garlic is fragrant. Add the marinara sauce, olives, capers, parsley, and lemon zest. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Drain the pasta, and toss it in the sauce. Transfer to a plate, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!