Kung Pao chicken Stir Fry2017-07-12
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce, divided
- 2 tbsp. dry sherry, divided
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp. hot chili-garlic sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cashews or peanuts, untoasted and unsalted
In a medium bowl, mix together 1 tbsp. of soy sauce, 1 tbsp. of dry sherry, ginger, and sesame oil. Drop the chicken, and stir until well coated. Sprinkle the cornstarch.
In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, chili-garlic sauce, and the remaining soy sauce and sherry. Mix well.
Place a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, and once the oil is heated, add the chicken. Stir-fry until chicken is cooked through. Add the bell pepper, and cook until it softens. Pour the honey and chili garlic mixture over the chicken and pepper. Then, add the nuts, and stir-fry for 2-3 more minutes. Remove from heat, and serve with steamed rice if desired. Enjoy!