Healthy Steamed Fish with Ginger2017-07-29
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 12m
- Ready In : 22m
- 4 200-g firm white fish fillets
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chili, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small fresh ginger, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbsps. peanut oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
In a large wok, add 2 cups of water, and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, line a bamboo steamer with baking paper. Then, place steamer over water.
Put the fish in the steamer, and steam for 5 to 10 minutes or until fish easily flakes. Then, carefully transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix coriander, onion, and chili. Set aside. In a saucepan over high heat, drizzle peanut oil and sesame oil. Then, add the garlic, ginger, sugar, and soy sauce, and stir for 1 minute, and remove from heat.
Drizzle the ginger sauce over the steamed fish. Place the coriander mixture on top of the fish. Serve with steamed rice and greens. Enjoy!